9.20.2012

II


t’s been about 2 months and 7 days since last I wrote.  It certainly feels like it’s been longer.  Life is wearing me down – and it’s not because life is busy.


Two major things have happened in my world. 

[ONE] PJ and I got tattoos last weekend.  His favorite tattoo artist is Monsieur Noon, who is based out of France and has no open appointments for the next bazillion years.  On a whim several months ago, PJ emailed his secretary to see if he was coming to the States and if he had any openings.  Surprisingly, he was coming to Colorado for a tattoo convention.  PJ was put on a “waiting list.”  Once Monsieur Noon was ready to start filling the slots, his secretary sent out an email to the “waiting list.”  First reply, first serve.  PJ had been working on a rough draft of the email, complete with his tattoo idea and his favorite Monsieur Noon art.  A couple weeks later, he received an email and quickly replied with the rough draft he had composed. 


All that to say, we went to Colorado over the weekend to get PJ’s tattoo.  I had an idea for my tattoo, but wasn’t completely set on getting it – until I found the perfect artist, Jesse Rix from Secret Lake Tattoo in New Hampshire. 
It was a fun trip.  Who can say that they’ve been to a tattoo convention!?  Plus, we got to visit a great friend with whom I went to high school.  It’s always encouraging and such a blessing to hang out with her.

[TWO]  I got a new job!  Same place, different team, pay raise.  I start in a couple of weeks.  I am excited for the challenge.

Life is wearing me down.  Fears, frustrations, marriage, lack of community, laziness - They are all taking their toll on me.  I really want this blog to be an encouragement to anyone who stumbles upon it, but it’s hard for that to happen when I’m feeling so discouraged – which is also why I haven’t written in over 2 months.  I don’t want this to be a place where I am constantly voicing my worries and complaints.  I want this to be a place that reminds you of the God’s Grace and Love and Mercy.  I want to point you toward the Beauty and the Gloriousness of our Heavenly Creator.    
I’ll get there.  Eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment